Learn About the Abbott BinaxNOW RSV Card Test
RSV is the most common cause of severe respiratory illness in young children. The BinaxNOW RSV Card Test is one of the easiest to run on the market today and helps reduce the spread of infection.
BinaxNOW RSV Test Overview:
- SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE: Easy-to-follow instructions. Can be used with either nasal wash or nasopharyngeal swab samples.
- SEE RESULTS IN 15 MINUTES: Convenient, fast results anytime, anywhere.
- FOR CHILDREN UNDER 5: Indicated for use in children under 5 years old when administered by an adult.
- REASSURING: Parents can be given critical care instructions before leaving the pediatrician’s office.
BinaxNOW RSV Card Test Specs:
- Needs to be stored at room temperature
- Has a shelf life of 24 months from the date of manufacture
- Can test nasopharyngeal swab or nasal wash samples
- 22 Test per Kit
- Time to Result: 15 minutes
Why test for RSV?
- Annually, there are over 50,000 hospital admissions for children nation-wide.
- It is difficult to clinically differentiate RSV from other serious respiratory viruses.
If your BinaxNow RSV test results window has any of the following, the test result may be invalid:
- No lines appear by control or sample
- The control line is blue and not pink/purple
- There is a pink/purple line by sample, but no line by control
- The control line is blue, but the sample is pink/purple